Finally, the countdown…only a few more days of nonstop Facebook posts and television ads…I cannot wait…
If ever a Monday felt like a Monday, it’s today. We had a packed weekend that ended with a surprise trip to see Bill Engvall perform. Without a doubt, it was one of the funniest, cleanest, comedy shows I have seen in ages, and I was shockingly blown away. I never got on the Blue Collar bandwagon, but I love the Bill Engvall show, and my husband and I were both so happy we decided to go! It was a blast. Start youtubing him immediately. And to distract you for the next 48 hours…here are a list of this week’s favorites.
- favorite funny. This isn’t just funny; it’s kind of hopeful and beautiful. AND a much needed break from the barking. SNL nailed this cold open, and when Hillary eats cotton candy while getting a piggy back ride from Donald, I may have spit water out of my mouth.
- favorite recipe. I spotted this gem while browsing pinterest this past week, and I can’t wait to try it. In addition to finding another use for cauliflower rice as an ice pack for my knee this week; this cauliflower rice stuffing for Thanksgiving looks amazing. I will definitely be testing it out in the kitchen this week.
- favorite comeback. Ah, thank you, my sweet Starbucks for not having a little repeat mistake and “forgetting” that we all look forward to eggnog lattes like we look forward to an extra hour of sleep. I limit myself to 3 a season because, well, it’s practically pure eggnog, and there isn’t enough time in the day to run that off. I get one at the beginning of the season, one on my birthday, and either one on Christmas Eve or on Christmas. I grabbed one yesterday, and easily the best decision I’ve made for myself in weeks (eggnog mixture to the short line, nonfat milk to the tall line, extra hot, no foam). Christmas in a cup is the proper description, and it makes me want to immediately watch Elf and start decorating.
- favorite read. I bought this as a gift for my husband but just started reading it myself, Richard Rohr’s Divine Dance: The Trinity and Your Transformation. Rohr is such an incredible author, and the delicacy of describing and exploring the Trinity makes this a must read on my list. I’ll be sure to update with a review…
- favorite getaway. Alright, so I’m turning the big 3-0 in December, and since my dream, all inclusive Caribbean extravaganza is a no-go, we are headed to Asheville for Christmas/Birthday celebration. I’ve been a few times and even though I’ve lived in NC for almost 8 years (don’t judge me), I’ve never “done Asheville,” so Christmas
at Biltmore, Arboretum, delicious food here we come. If you have any food, attraction, or fun recommendations, please, please leave a comment…we want to know everything!
- favorite update. WE FOUND THE ELUSIVE Pumpkin Pie OH YEAH bars at Vitamin Shoppe. Pretty pumpkin-y and definitely delicious…now, I am required to mail them to a few humans who, alas, have not found them. Off to the post office this morning.
Have a great week, and if you haven’t, go vote! It’s important 🙂