Good morning…what a strange weekend. Between Hurricane Matthew, our church Bazaar, and the debate last night…I feel like I’ve traveled through Oz. Monday is becoming a welcomed friend in our household, which is terrifying. To help you recover from this weekend’s crazy, here is my list of favorites! Enjoy 🙂
- Favorite funny. Ya know, sometimes when I’m feeling down, I have a few options–Jimmy Fallon’s Thank you notes or his “ew” sketches. This entire weekend from the weather to last night felt at times “ew.” So here’s one of my favs with Zac Efron and Seth Rogen.
- Favorite fall drink. I’ve been trying to find a balance between my love of fall Starbucks drinks and keeping the nutritional values reasonable, so here’s my latest successful attempt. Tall (light ice) coffee with 2 pumps sugar free cinnamon dolce (instead of simple syrup), 1/2 a pump of pumpkin spice syrup, and a splash of skim milk. I’m pretty obsessed. Less obsessed with Starbucks naming me Tori…rude.
- Favorite wardrobe addition. Full disclaimer, I had to get a flu shot (so did my husband) to justify buying these. We both got $5 Target gift cards–what an incentive!, and boots were 20% off this week, so I finally splurged and got these for our upcoming vacation! I’m so excited (for both the shoes and the vacay).
- Favorite memory. Tomorrow my husband and I celebrate our two year wedding anniversary. Two years doesn’t seem that long…well, sometimes it does-hah! That day was beautiful, and I would do it a thousand more times. Thank you for always saying, “yes,” and going along with all of my ridiculous ideas. I will gladly ride the scooter with you to any destination that has either coffee or nail polish. You are beardiful…and I love you.
- Favorite inspiration. This week has been tough in terms of motivation. I’ve been faithfully hitting the gym, tracking my food, and I didn’t eat any sweets at our bake sale (I know, a tragedy indeed). Despite my best efforts, I haven’t seen any measurable progress over the last month..and these are the times when I want to give up. I want to throw in the towel, sleep an extra hour, and just eat all the tortilla chips (YES, all of them–in the world). I am so grateful for an incredibly supportive husband and friends, who endlessly encourage and remind me that…I am fearfully and wonderfully made by God (Psalm 139:14). Sometimes this simple truth is so hard to remember. So let me remind you today. You are enough. Right now. I pray that we are both able to receive this word this morning. Maybe we should buy this sign just to be sure we remember tomorrow, though…hah!