Easy Vegetable Soup (Pureed):
- 1 t. of coconut oil (or spray)
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 6-8 colorful carrots (I grabbed mine from Trader Joes) chopped into medallions
- 1/2 a yellow onion
- 1 heart of celery (probably 4-5 stalks) chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale (remove stems if possible)
- 32 oz. broth (I used low sodium chicken)
- salt to taste
- Immersion blender needed.
Instructions: In a large pot spray with or add 1 t. coconut oil and bring to medium heat. Add onions and sauté for about 2 min. After they begin to brown, add about 1/4 cup of broth and garlic powder, stir until mixed. Add carrots, celery, and the remainder of the broth on med-high heat. Allow to simmer for about 35 minutes. Add kale. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes. Remove pot from hot eye, and use immersion blender (make sure to keep end under liquid to avoid splashing) and puree until smooth. Add salt to your liking.
Nutrition (makes about 5-6 servings): per 1 cup.
For Other fun recipes:
- Iowa Girl Eats
- Andie Mitchell’s Blog, author of It Was Me All Along: A Memoir
- Skinny Taste
- The World According to Eggface
check out my recipe boards on pinterest…