Hallelujah, hallelujah! Good morning, gals! It is finally October…sigh…which I standby as the sole reason we all choose to stay and live the rest of the 11 months in North Carolina. The weather this weekend was perfect, and we celebrated birthdays, game nights, and World Communion Sunday–a successful weekend, indeed. Here is your list of… Continue reading the monday brew, gal
Oh how I love you, let me count the ways… That is exactly how I feel about one of my lifestyle staples. Drumroll please, it is….cauliflower rice. That’s right, the finely chopped (typically in a food processor) food of the heavens. For a while I was fighting the good fight. I faithfully bought heads of… Continue reading Cauliflower Rice, My Love
happy Monday, gals! It’s been quite a week over in our neck of the woods. A busy week followed by a busier weekend and strangely, I am actually glad it’s Monday. I know, I know. Well, here’s my favorite part of starting the week, a roundup of fun finds! favorite food find. So healthypastorgal will… Continue reading the monday brew, gal
Good morning gals! After a fun festival weekend filled with scooter rides and snow cones, we topped it off with a trip to Target where I gave into the autumn draw and maybe bought all things pumpkin? Okay, I definitely did: cereal, iced coffee, protein bars…you know, the usual. While I’m turning orange this week,… Continue reading the monday brew, gal
Health is about balance–mental, physical, and spiritual, and so recently, several of my girlfriends headed to Asheville for a little girl time and some mental and spiritual sabbath. You know the drill: lattes, dramatic 90s ballads, and laughing so hard that there is no sound because air can no longer be processed by your lungs.… Continue reading Vulnerability: Roadtrip Edition
The Monday Brew Happy Monday…the weekend already seems like a distant memory, but it was most definitely a rich one. We spent most of the weekend with friends, made a trip to our farmers’ market (it’s Muscadine grape time!), hit the local quarry, and then had family come into town for Sunday. It was delightful.… Continue reading the monday brew, gal
Let’s face it gals, we are busy. We’ve got a lot going on from working a full day to chauffeuring tiny humans to every after school activity that humanity can name (not to mention feeding them). I know our time is precious, so any time I can integrate aspects of my life, I’m game. So… Continue reading How to go to the gym and hate it less? P.S. best friends are included.
Hey gal, it’s Monday, but at least it’s a holiday, right? Okay, I’ll stop.
Mondays are rough, so here’s a fun “round up list” to get our week started. If you are anything like me, Monday is my recovery day–mentally, spiritually, and physically. It’s also my, let’s set the tone for the rest of the week day, so off to the gym, grocery store, and one thousand emails we go (but only after I’ve sat in my PJs to drink my coffee).
here are some of my favorite things this week…
- favorite funny. This video is everything. It is the perfect combination of what I hope to accomplish on Sundays, and the lack of shame I hope to instill in every single child I ever encounter. The entire video is worth the “W” alone.
- favorite recipe. It’s finally (well, maybe just a teeny tiny bit) starting to turn the corner toward fall. You know, the collective reason we all complain through the 3 other seasons, and autumn time for this family means spaghetti squash time. This week we purchased our first of the season (which I prefer to say with a French accent because it’s fancier). To celebrate, I’m whipping up this beautiful buffalo chicken version of my favorite fall food! I swapped out the ranch for reduced fat and used Plain Oikos Triple Zero yogurt…SO GOOD. We are also pretty mild over here, so no jalapeños.
- favorite inspiration. Mother Teresa canonized as a saint just yesterday. Wow. I remember reading her biography during my non-fiction obsession in fourth grade. When she passed away just a week after Princess Diana in 1997, I remember being so sad that this beautiful nun, who instructed others to “do small things with great love,” was gone. I knew exactly who she was, but I kept having to ask why my mom who exactly Princess Diana was? I suppose I was a strange fourth grader.
- favorite food find. Y’all it’s not over. It’ll never be over. I kid you not, I have stashed pints of this frozen perfection in two of my girlfriends fridges in the last two weeks. Birthday Cake is without a doubt my favorite, but chocolate is very close second. Halo Top, to quote Flight of the Concords, “you got it going on.”
- favorite outfit. I just ordered this dress from Target. Perhaps blending the patterns is a risk, but I like to live on the wild side. Fingers crossed, it fits!
Hope y’all have a fabulous Labor Day!
feel free to connect with me via facebook, instagram, twitter, or pinterest.
Twelve years ago today, people would have characterized me as smart, church obsessed, a semi-theatre nerd, and, well…fat. To put it bluntly—I was literally the coolest. Okay…I wasn’t the coolest. Honestly…I wasn’t even close to cool. I was so far from cool. And to add insult to injury it was the final season of Friends,… Continue reading The Beginning of Today…