Good morning, gals. Well, I don’t know where you all are but here in little ole North Carolina we experienced our first snowfall of the year this weekend, which means, we shut a paaaaarrrrttttaaaaaay down. While I sincerely feel for all those who have to get out and drive/work in this mess (my husband has to-thank you for 4 wheel drive!), there is something remarkable about a small forced break with no plans. I mean we put together a puzzle. Repeat, we put together a puzzle. WE HAVE NEVER DONE THAT. I made brunch and soup, and we had a failed attempt at some snow cream due to some woodland creatures interested in our bucket 🙁 When Starbucks and the gym are closed on Monday…you know the weatherman means still means business.
Well since, I assume you are my next door neighbor 😉 I assume you need a break from your forced break, so here is a fun roundup to get your week started. Oh, and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year…it’s been a while. We’ve finally taken down all our decorations, and I’m thinking with the time I have today that maybe I’ll go ahead and put up Valetine’s Day. Gotta love it a latte.
- favorite food find. My sisters gave me a few FITJOY bars for Christmas (I know-they really get me), and I really liked them. I just ordered a sampler off Amazon last week, so I’ll let you know on insta which ones I absolutely loved. Hopefully you can see the white sheen in the background…yep that’s a rare sighting in these parts…did I mention we had snow?
- favorite holiday memory. Oh my goodness, I’d never been to the Biltmore before, and so, as a history nerd, I was obsessed. And it was 60 degrees the week after Christmas. We were in the mountains of NC on a roof with no coats. Bliss. Seems like such a distant memory…but seriously, so amazing. I cannot wait to go back. Can we actually go back now? Please, please, please.
- favorite workout gear. I know we just finished Christmas and I lucked out with getting a bunch of fabulous tank tops from my husband, but I’ve got my eye on this one off etsy for Valentine’s Day. He reads the blog, so he’ll get the hint, hah!
- favorite new recipe to try. Y’all know my obsession with cauliflower rice, so once I get out of this house and grab a few ingredients, I will be making this: Mango Chicken with Coconut Cauliflower Rice from foodfaithfitness blog. This looks delicious, and it is paleo, gluten free, and Whole 30 friendly for any and all who are looking for great recipes in those categories. I will definitely let you know how it turns out. I will confess, I tried to make cauliflower toast and it was a disaster…you win some, you lose some
- favorite inspiration/read. Y’all, one of my dearest friends, Brent, who is also a pastor, writes the Thursday Three every, well, Thursday. Each week he features “thought-provoking articles or videos or musings or friends doing cool things. It might be a book to read or a podcast episode to listen to. Or a poem.” No matter what it is, it always leaves me refreshed, inspired, and encouraged. To get this great resource delivered weekly, subscribe here. You won’t be disappointed (and you will be well more “up” on pop culture-hah!)
- favorite funny. I love Jimmy Fallon, and last night on the Golden Globes, I thought his La La Land inspired opening was absolutely adorable. And I fell off the couch at Jimmy and Ryan Reynolds’ exchange. Priceless. The mint killed me. Killed me.
Well, enjoy your Monday or your snow day 😉 I’ll be trying to think of things to do with yogurt, 12 bags of frozen cauliflower rice, and 7 pints of HaloTop in the freezer. You know, the essentials.